ASCENSION FUND GRANT APPLICATION
Applications for the 2020-21 school year are being accepted between January 1st through May 1st and will be awarded in August 2020
Application Information and Rules:
- Any Ascension Parish public school teacher, K-12, or full-time Ascension Parish public school system employee, who is directly involved in the instruction of school children is eligible to apply.
- A teacher may apply for one (1) Teacher Grant per granting cycle. The same person may also serve as a collaborating teacher on a School Impact Grant during the same granting cycle.
- School Impact Grant Applications must have at least two (2) collaborating authors, the author and at least one (1) other.
- A school may only receive one (1) School Impact Grant per granting cycle.
- No identifying school information (school name, mascot, etc.) should appear anywhere on the application other than where required to input school name. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- Budget requests may include materials needed to accomplish the project; consultants who are necessary for the successful implementation of the project; teacher training and staff development directly related to the purpose of the project; and equipment and/or field trips are allowed only if an integral component of a larger strategy.
- Fundraising sponsorship; substitute pay; requests for teacher travel for training; and teacher salaries will not be funded. Projects cannot displace, replace or supplant programs funded through the Ascension Parish School Board, the Ascension Parish General Fund, the Minimum Foundation Program (MFP) or State General Fund.
- Applications will be evaluated by a Grant Review Committee comprised of community, education and business volunteers on a competitive basis. No current employee of the Ascension Parish School System will serve on the Committee.
- Applications are scored and grants are awarded according to the funding that is available to the Ascension Fund.